Good to see you are interested in joining the United States Patriot Corps. Please take the time to read the info below, if you have any questions after that feel free to contact us either by contact us form, email or phone. If you are all set and ready to join U.S. Patriot Corps at the bottom of this page is a link for the online application and a link for a Word Application (if you don’t use online apps), fill it out and follow the instructions. Once we receive your application we will review it and will contact you normally within three days or less. We hope to see your application soon and look forward to serving with you. HOO-Rah!!
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA FOR U.S. PATRIOT CORPS MEMBERSHIP
First and foremost, to be eligible to join the U.S. PATRIOT CORPS, you must have a desire to join an amazing, dedicated group of volunteers, whose sole purpose is to serve your community and country. More formally, for consideration of an applicant in any of the units under the operational authority of the Commander, U.S. PATRIOT CORPS, and any entry grade, the following minimum qualifications must be met:
- No current or past membership or affiliation with any organization with the specific intent of furthering the aims of, or adherence to and active participation in, any foreign or domestic organization or association or movement or group or combination of persons which unlawfully advocates or practices the commission of acts of force or violence, or attempts to prevent others from exercising their rights under the Constitution or Laws of the United States, or of any State or territory, or which seeks to overthrow the Government of the United States or subdivision thereof by unlawful means.
- The ability to mentally and physically perform the duties as assigned and participates in U.S. PATRIOT CORPS functions when reasonably requested or ordered free of prejudice.
- No felony convictions. (Specific Waivers will be considered).
- The desire to wear the military uniform (modified) of the United States, adhere to the policies and procedures of the U.S. Patriot Corps, and follow the direction of those Officers and NCOs appointed over you. However, an alternate uniform is available for those who are not willing to comply with military grooming standards. This is a Military structured and disciplined organization.
- 17 year old can join with written consent of parents.
Prior Military Proof of Service: Both enlisted and officer personnel will be required to submit a copy of their DD 214 or other applicable record of service, with their application (for prior-service personnel), and any applicable qualifications. You do not need to be a veteran to join. A place for you to serve is available.
PERSONS INELIGIBLE FOR SELECTION:
- Persons with an extensive criminal record and persons convicted of violent crimes, felonies (not otherwise waived) or convicted and registered sex offenders.
- Persons who have not attained the minimum age or academic requirements by date of appointment. However, a cadet corps is being formed for those ages 10-17. Want to expose your son or daughter to a more structured and disciplined environment? Bring them along!
- Persons who have a demonstrable medical condition which would preclude the applicant from participating in search and rescue duties or training; however, applicants may request a waiver, which will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Persons who have received a discharge from the armed forces under “Dishonorable” conditions.
SPECIFIC RANK AND BILLETING WILL BE DETERMINED BASED ON A NUMBER OF FACTORS SUCH AS PRIOR SERVICE, EDUCATION, DEMONSTRATED CAPABILITIES AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Online Application (for those who have a gmail account)
Word Application (just download, fill it out using word and email in, or print it out and mail in.